Bill and Irene Hillary were the Company's founding members. The Hillary's emigrated from England to South Africa in 1959. The Company started earthmoving in 1963 and registered as civil engineering contractors in 1967.
Initially regional, the Company now has a footprint in South Africa, Namibia, Zambia and Botswana. The head office is in Polokwane, Limpopo Province South Africa.
The first 'big' contract came in 1967 after initially levelling sites and building dams. The then Department of Posts and Telegraphs awarded the contract to build a tarred road up to their repeater station on the Ysterberg. This was a twelve-month R 64 500 order, about half an hour's turnover in today’s terms!